The Magothy River Association’s “Magothy River Index” is an assessment of the health of the tidal river for communication to the residents of the watershed. It has been produced annually since 2002, and is prepared by Dr. Peter Bergstrom, MRA volunteer monitory coordinator and a fishery biologist with the NOAA Chesapeake Bay Office.
The Index summarizes what we know about the status of vital habitats and water quality in the Magothy in the previous year, based (for water quality) mainly on monitoring done by MRA volunteers. The Index also summarizes the ongoing and planned habitat restoration and protection actions in the watershed, and concludes with a section on what you can do to help the Magothy.
Magothy River Index for 2009
Magothy River Index 2009 PDF Newsletter Format – 4 Pages
Mag Index 2009 Presented 021710 PDF of PowerPoint at AACC – 20 Pages
- Magothy River Index for 2008
- PDF 1.6 MB
- Magothy River Index for 2007
- Magothy River Index for 2006
- PDF complete document with figures 260K
- Magothy River Index 2005 [PDF] 121K
- Magothy River Index 2004 [PDF] 91K
- Magothy River Index 2003 [PDF] 57K
- Magothy River Index for 2002